- 3 December 2010, European Day of People with Disabilities:
In Touch With Art Conference Resolution calls for Europe-wide barriers to museum collections for visually impaired people to be removed. Read EBU/St Dunstan's joint press release.
- Members of the European Parliament support EBU call to Council and Commission for a WIPO treaty
As of 19 November 2010, 92 MEPs have signed our "Book Famine" letter of 3 November to the Council and Commission.
Also read the outcome of the latest WIPO Copyright Committee meeting (8-13 November 2010).
- Take action! Send your nominations for the second edition of the EBU Vision for Equality Award
- 5 October 2010, update on digital television:
Outcome of the meeting of the TV Industry Disabled Users Dialogue (Madrid, 30 September 2010)
- 29 September 2010, Important news concerning the accessibility to digital television:
EBU and the European Disability Forum have been working to make the technology necessary to use digital television accessible to all.
Read the full statement here
- Launch of the official website of the World Congress Braille21: Innovations in Braille in the 21st Century, to be held in Leipzig (Germany) on 27-30 September 2011
- International Onkyo Braille Essay Contest 2010:
Read the Onkyo winning and highly commended essays
OUR WORK WITHIN THE PROGRAMME 'PROGRESS' 2010
With the financial support of the European Commission under the Community Programme for Employment and Social Solidarity (PROGRESS), EBU is continuing in 2010 the implementation of its 2008-2010 work programme: "Partnership for the social inclusion of people with a visual impairment". The work is focussing on five key areas: the UN Convention of the Rights of People with Disabilities, Employment, Diversity, Working with the European Institutions, and Communication.